My 'Personal Greats List' from what has been part of my life for the last 20 years [1995-2015] - Programming!
Parameters [Timeline of Impact]
Technical Impact of Creation [Lifelong]
Business Impact of Creation [Lifelong]
Competitive Programming [Till Date]
All-Round Achievements [Lifelong]
Programmers [Major Contribution - Nationality - Affiliation]
01. Dennis Ritchie [B, C - U.S.A - Bell Labs/Dead]
02. Brian Kernighan [Unix, AWK, C - Canada- Princeton University]
03. Bjarne Stroustrup [C++ - Denmark - Morgan Stanley]
04. James Gosling [Java - Canada - Liquid Robotics]
05. Linus Torvalds [Linux - Finland - Linux]
06. Ken Thompson [B, Unix, Go - U.S.A - Google]
07. Donald Knuth [Algorithms - U.S.A - Stanford]
08. Petr Mitrichev [Competitive - Russia - Google]
09. Gennady Korotkevich [Competitive - Belarus - ITMO]
10. Bill Gates [Microsoft - U.S.A - Microsoft]
Do you agree with me?
If not, your comments along with your own personal list (if any) would be really appreciated.